Hi there. Here are the juicy bits about who I am and why I’m here all wrapped up in a neat little package.
Who: IT guy with limited mechanical experience. (You should read that as zero experience, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.)
Where: Somewhere in North Carolina.
What: 1991 Jeep Wrangler “Islander”
My daily driver is a 2015 Jeep Willys JK that I bought in 2018. I love my Jeep. I mean not with a weird adoration or anything, but I wanted a Jeep when I was 12-years-old and finally, after a very long wait, I am building my dream. I guess I subscribe to the “Jeeps aren’t bought. They’re built.” motto. Not sure where this will go, but it’ll be an exciting ride. Glad you found me.
I’ve had many jeeps over the years. Here’s a list:
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport (4 cyl, Yellow, Manual) … purchased in 2001 (Yep, brand new)
- 1989 Jeep Wrangler (4 cyl, Red, Manual) … project
- 1990 Jeep Wrangler (6 cyl, Red, Manual) … project (contemporary with 1989)
- 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (6 cyl, Mango Tango, Auto) … purchased in 2010 (Yep, brand new)
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler X (6 cyl, Yellow, Manual)
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (6 cyl, Tank Green, Manual) … purchased in 2015 (Yep, brand new… but didn’t stick around long)
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport (6 cyl, Yellow, Manual) … drove over 200 miles to get this one
- 1995 Jeep Wrangler (4 cyl, Black, Manual) … project
- 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys (6 cyl, Yellow, Auto) … daily driver
- 1991 Jeep Wrangler “Islander” (6 cyl, Blue, Manual) … << Our current project
And here are some pics for reference…