Well, I’m back at it. Today I worked a while on finishing up the remaining patch under the rollbar. This one is on the floor behind the passenger’s seat.
I started out with the cardboard drawing and trimmed it to shape. Then I traced it onto the metal and used the cutting wheel on the grinder to cut it out. A little more trimming and it mostly fit so I tacked it in and then welded it permanently.
When I welded it I must have left the heat on a little long because it’s bowed or tipped up on one end. I did as much grinding as I was comfortable with but I’m thinking this is going to require more attention in the future. For now though it’s good enough and so I sprayed a little Rustoleum primer on all the welds and cleaned up a bit before heading in.