Today I got new 35″ tires mounted on new wheels for my 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys edition. They look FANTASTIC.
Details on the parts:
- 315/70r17 BFGoodrich KM3 (M/T) Tires (34.38″ x 12″ actual dimensions)
- Method Racing NV 305 rims with 4.75″ backspacing
- 2″ spacer lift w/ Shocks (Skyjacker)
- Aftermarket Tire Carrier (Rugged Ridge Spartacus HD Kit)
Other Prep Work:
- Removed the original rock rails (tires would not fit with them in place) … I replaced with the 3″ Smittybilt tubular side steps
- The gears in the axles on a Willys are standard at 3.73. (I’ve felt no noticeable difference in pickup with the new tires from the stock)
After installation the only part that rubs is the plastic guard under the front bumper with the wheels turned to full lock and the rub is very minimal (I’m driving it around without having trimmed the plastic in case you’re wondering).